Historic Courthouse Square Project May Update
The railings are beginning to be installed and the stairs are taking shape on the amphitheater. Rock work and other trades continue on the rest of the project. Now that the Roof Deck is being installed, the roofing material will be formed and ordered.
- 4/26 Monday Site Steps and Ramp Prep
- Storm Water work continues along with Site electric Utilities.
- 4/27 Tuesday Site Water being run
- Stage Guard rail delivered to project. Handrail installation began.
- 4/28 Grader installed lower trench drain.
- 4/ 30 Site work and trench drain work continues.
- 5/3 Monday Rain 1-1/2” Rain Delay Electricians worked inside building. Wilkie began installation of T&G Decking. During breaks in the rain.
- 5/4 Tuesday Rain ¾” Electricians continued work in the building.
- 5/5 Wednesday Electrical work continues, Steps and Ramp were poured today.
- 5/6 T&G Decking
- 5/7 Sidewalk grading and T&G Decking
Overall weather still remains nice and the site conditions have remained mostly favorable.
Page last updated: May 11, 2021
Historic Courthouse Square Project April Update
- Monday 3/29 Stage Waterproofing and Touch Up Framing
- Tuesday 3/30 Union Street Electric and Water lines finished up
- Wednesday 3/31 Framing and Carpentry work on columns adjusted.
- Thursday 4/1 Rainfall
- Friday Wet site, rock masons continued to lay new rockwork, Door hardware installed.
- Monday 4/5 Top Stage Pour complete and Sawed
- Tuesday 4/6 Roof Leaders and Trench Drain lay out work.
- Tuesday through Wednesday Electrical and Plumbing work.
- Friday 4/9 Plumbing insulated.
Rain events have slowed down and we have had remarkable working conditions including cool mornings and warm afternoons after what we hope is the last cold spell. Check out some progress photos of the project below.
Historic Courthouse Square Project March Update
The amphitheatre is taking shape on the Courthouse Square, with rock wall renovations nearing completion. Contractors are building a rock wall facade on the walls of the amphitheatre to pay homage to the rock wall motif that has always surrounded the square. Contractors estimate they are on schedule to complete the amphitheatre construction by the project's original deadline, but landscaping work is 30 days behind schedule due to heavy and frequent rains the past several months. Stay tuned for more updates about when the square will be finished! You can find several photos of recent progress and a timeline of developments below:
- Monday 3/1 Grading, and Layout for site walls.
- Rock Masons continue new wall masonry.
- Tuesday 3/2 Grading, and electrical Utilities continue. Excess soil being hauled away from site.
- Wednesday 3/3 Painters continue work on structural steel.
- Concrete walls touched up inside.
- Thursday 3/4 Rock Masonry continues.
- Friday 3/5 Electrical Utility work continue, remaining site retaining wall footings in process
- Monday 3/8 Building Rough in Electric continued, Wilkie continues building site retaining walls and has taken over wall drainage and backfill in some areas.
- Rock Masons continue new wall masonry.
- Tuesday 3/9 Framing started. HVAC Rough in and Electrical work on building continue.
- Wednesday 3/3 Rock work continues as well as Electric and HVAC
- Thursday 3/11 Rock Masonry continues, framing and electric/ HVAC work continues.
- Wilkie was instructed by Mike Crotts that a chase would be needed to hide piping in the Men’s Restroom to hide exposed runs of pipe.
- Plumbing rough in continues.
- Painters continue painting exposed steel.
- Wilkie again had some wall backfill and drainage for grading contractors.
- Friday 3/12 Waterproofing stage and front wall face.
- Saturday 3/13 Water line work continues
Last updated 3/18/2021
Historic Courthouse Square Project January Update
Progress is happening quickly on the Courthouse Square renovations, with the stage beginning to take shape and the historic rock wall being replaced around the square. A timeline of recent events is below.
- 1/4/21 Began pouring Green Street Sidewalk
- The Stone Mason started laying stone on The Green Street Wall
- Waterproofing contractor began work on building walls.
- Midstate continues to install new water lines.
- 1/7/21 More Green Street Sidewalk and Rock work completed.
- 1/11/21 Ash tree removed at the corner of Union and Sterling
- 1/13/21 Tree removed from South Green Street side across from Marquee Cinemas