Adventure Bound Books
117 West Union Street
Job Description: Adventure Bound Books (ABB) is hiring an Assistant Bookstore Manager (ABM) to take the lead on customer service, day-to-day bookseller tasks, leading one or more book clubs each month, and management of the retail activities of the bookstore. There will be some shared event coordination responsibilities as well. This is a 20-hour-per-week permanent part-time position with growth potential to offer full-time hours and supervisory responsibilities. This is not a remote position. Applicants must possess experience in sales and customer service, a drive and internal motivation that would allow them to meet sales goals, initiative, and a passion for stories. Training schedule will consist of shifts from 11am - 3pm while regular post-training shifts will be scheduled between 1pm and 6pm; no exceptions. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Assistant Bookstore Manager will have responsibilities in the following areas:
Day-to-Day Bookstore Operations
- Day-to-day tasks to successfully operate the bookstore including, but not limited to stocking shelves, processing inventory (must be able to lift/carry boxes of books around store), assisting customers with finding books, making book recommendations, operating POS system, accurately taking and processing special orders, maintaining merchandise displays;
- Successfully close out the cash drawer and inventory in the evenings;
- Successfully close and lock up bookstore in the evenings;
- Successfully assist with bookstore events and programming; and
- Meet sales goals while remaining customer- and community-focused.
Bookstore Events & Programming
- Attend and take the lead on scheduled bookstore events, including but not limited to author events (in-store and virtual), book clubs, birthday parties, story time, and school book fairs and
- Contribute ideas for events and community programs that match the mission of the bookstore and assist the bookstore in increasing positive impact in the community as well as revenue.
Supervision and Mentoring
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks of other booksellers as our team grow and
- Set exemplary example of a shop-local and pro-independent bookstore mentality and mentor growing team of booksellers to develop the same.
Book/Book World Knowledge
- Maintain familiarity with a diverse genre of books including classics and new releases and
- Stay informed on publishing trends, industry best practices, and the pulse of our local community.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree;
- Working knowledge of American Sign Language;
- 2+ years of successful experience with/in/at a local, independently owned business;
- 2+ years of successful experience in customer service positions;
- 2+ years of successful experience in sales positions including reaching sales goals;
- 2+ years of successful experience supervising and mentoring others; and
- Demonstrated book-world knowledge (for example, a base-line understanding of the publishing world, wholesale world, bookselling world, or experience as a librarian), or
- A satisfactory combination of the qualifications listed above.
For full job description information, visit: https://3423f2f7-6195-4769-a04c-0bc291db77c6.filesusr.com/ugd/de9bf6_cf7e01a7054d463b8e3cb00bb90f4fa1.pdf
|Part Time/8am start|