200 Avery Avenue, Morganton
Position: EMT Paramedic- Crew 50 (Four, 10-hour shifts)
Salary: $15.56 hr./$34,712.35 yr. (annual salary does not reflect OT and training pay)
Department: Emergency Medical Services
Position #: 1538, 1540
Schedule: Either: 10am-8pm Monday thru Thursday, or 10am-8pm Tuesday through Friday
Description of Work: Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls, apply necessary emergency medical care treatment at the advanced life support level, and transport patients to the most appropriate medical facility. Burke County EMS is the primary Advanced Life Support provider for 511 square miles.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operating emergency vehicles and equipment
- Completing patient care documentation reports
- Other related duties as required by NC Office of EMS Standards and Burke County Emergency Services Protocols and Guidelines.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and completion of accredited EMT-Paramedic Program
- Current certification by the NC Medical Examiners Board as an EMT-Paramedic. Candidates currently enrolled in a Paramedic program may be considered for the position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NC driver’s license.
- Satisfactory results of criminal background, drug screening and driving record checks.
- Employee must be able to work beyond the scheduled hours as needed, including inclement weather conditions and special events.
- Must be at least age 18.
- Able to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to maintain body equilibrium when bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, balancing, crawling, walking, reaching and/or stretching arms, legs, or other parts of body, and to physically maneuver, push, pull and lift over and/or upon varying terrain, surfaces, or physical structures, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Application Process: Burke County applications may be obtained at the Human Resources office, located at 200 Avery Ave., Morganton, NC 28655, or online at: www.burkenc.org. Completed applications should provide a complete work history, including a detailed and thorough list of job duties.