The Downtown Development Association has a strong foundation of community outreach and interaction.
For example, DDA Members:
- Serve on advisory boards that affect downtown life and business
- Sponsor various downtown events, like the TGIF Summer Concert Series
- Support and develop marketing programs for downtown
- Provide a consistent voice for the small business owner of Downtown Morganton
- Conduct the Annual ACC Chili Cook Off fundraiser!
- Plan and direct the Annual Downtown Morganton Halloween Trick-or-Treat, Costume Contest and Carnival
- Plan and facilitate the Annual Downtown Christmas Parade
DDA members are encouraged to become involved with any or ALL of these community projects and events! In addition to membership, the Board of Directors invites members to attend the monthly board meetings at the Main Street Office (112B West Union Street), which are held the first Tuesday of each month.