Due to the current restrictions on dining-in at restaurants in North Carolina, a number of restaurants in Downtown Morganton are offering curbside pickup. This map (link below) shows the locations that are offering this service.
You can zoom in to view the specific locations/parking spaces where you can park for this. You can also click on any of the locations (knife & fork symbol) and view some information about these businesses and get directions.
Please remember these Curbside Pick Up Locations are for call ahead orders.
Curbside Service & Ideas on Supporting Local Businesses
Businesses in Downtown Morganton are adjusting to new operational regulations required by an executive order issued Tuesday by Gov. Roy Cooper in response to the spread of COVID-19. This executive order means no dine-in customers are allowed at restaurants and bars in North Carolina. As Morganton’s downtown businesses always do, they are finding new ways to best serve customers.
Restaurants have begun participating in curbside pickup operations. Signage for designated curbside pickup areas have been placed throughout Downtown Morganton. Customers can call their favorite restaurant, place an order, and then drive up to these designated areas to pick up their order. Customers are required to call ahead to pick up an order using these areas.
Social distancing and refraining from being in crowded areas is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Luckily, there are many ways you can continue to support all of our downtown businesses even without going inside.
- Shop online or via phone. Several downtown businesses have online shopping available, and many of our shops will be able help you get what you need via phone or other methods, if necessary.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later. Many of our shops, restaurants, salons, and other service providers offer this option.
- For restaurants, call ahead and order takeout or delivery and tip at least the same amount as you would dining in. Downtown businesses are offering call ahead, curb side pickup with convenient drive thru lanes marked.
- Leave positive reviews for your favorite small businesses on Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor, or Yelp.
- Buy digital products, gift cards, subscriptions, or memberships.
- Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers who can handle orders over the phone or online.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- Share this info so others know how to help, too.
Downtown Morganton businesses and organizations are taking extra steps to ensure their spaces are clean and safe for customers. Please follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local public health officials regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette when visiting businesses and public spaces, including maintaining six feet of distance from others, not shaking hands, and staying home if you feel unwell.
First and foremost, prioritize all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on collaboration, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the local economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
The safety of the residents, workers, and visitors in Downtown Morganton is of the utmost importance to us here at the Main Street Office. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and make sure the people of our community remain healthy. We are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19, and we will continue to inform our community of relevant changes.
During this time of adjustments in social events, work schedules, and travel, we encourage you to remember our many small businesses in Downtown Morganton and throughout our community and to continue supporting them even if you cannot visit them physically. Please visit our website at www.downtownmorganton.com for a list of online shopping options, call ahead with curbside pick-up locations, closures, cancellations, special offers, and public service announcements. Call the Main Street office at 828-438-5252 for assistance or if you have any questions.